Are you a passionate back-end Developer? Do you love PHP and get excited about Test Driven Development? If so, then we have some awesome projects for you. Working on brands like Red Bull, Laura Ashley and Travelex. It tends to be the larger sites we work on at Blueleaf and as such we really want someone who can join our team to help with the Back-end projects
You would be working closely with all members of the team, including designers, UX, Front-end developers and of course project managers. It would be across all areas of digital media from eCommerce builds to customer portals.
What will you be doing?
- Utilise Test Driven Development (TDD) to build modular and fully tested applications.
- Working on bespoke applications written in Symfony2 and CodeIgniter
- Working closely with producers and project managers
- Building new and improving existing websites.
- Liaise with clients directly to help answer their questions
Whats the tech?
- Very strong knowledge of object orientated programming with particular focus on its application in PHP
- Very strong knowledge of the latest PHP 5.3 frameworks (We're using Symfony2 on all our new projects but Laravel 4 or Zend 2 experience would be useful)
- Very strong working knowledge of MySQL (We use the Doctrine ORM and DQL we prefer objects over tables)
- Strong knowledge of version control and in particular GIT
- Knowledge of Front End technologies.
Who are Blueleaf?
Blueleaf was founded in 1999. Since then we’ve grown the team, successfully winning industry awards, accredited with the unique Gold Standard for Investors in People, Finalists in the National Business Awards for Employer of the year, and is led by one of the UK’s top influential people in digital. What's special about Blueleaf is that we totally focus on the team being happy. We share company information openly and we have regular meetings to ensure we're all heading in the right direction.
Some of the cool things in addition to the regular benefits include 10% of your week being dedicated to your own projects as research and development, a fridge stocked up with free Red Bull, profit share and "Shit Happens Days", for when that unexpected problem just hits you. As a result of all this, employee turnover at Blueleaf is incredibly low.
For this role, salary is dependent on skills and experience.
If you’d like to apply, please simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you.
Sorry, but NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.