We are looking for a talented, passionate individual to join our ambitious team on a full time, permanent contract. Due to our continued success and increasing client list we are offering a great opportunity for a web developer to join our creative team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a solid back end web developer to work closely with our Project Director on all areas of digital media from ecommerce builds to customer portals.
What will you be expected to do?
- Produce and maintain a variety of web applications
- Implement, customise, and manage CMS/ecommerce sites as well as bespoke applications
- Make amends and enhancements to current sites
- Liaise with clients confidently to help solve their technical queries/problems
Who will you be working with?
You’ll be working in a dynamic team of web developers, designers and project managers supported by the leadership and direction from our Strategic Director and Managing Director.
What skills will you have?
- Very strong working knowledge of Object Orientated PHP5
- Very strong working knowledge of SQL (in particular MySQL)
- Strong working knowledge of XHTML
- Strong working knowledge of CSS
- A passion for web standards and cross browser compatibility
- Deadline hitter
- Team player
- Pro-active approach
- Problem solver
- Sense of humour
- Logical and thorough work process
- Ability to pick up existing work and carry to completion
- High level of industry awareness
What goodies will you get?
- Unlimited opportunity, with the chance to really excel at your role
- Vibrant team who will help and support you
- Inspirational environment – a modern, light space in the Cheshire countryside
- Training plan to help you grow
- Flexible working arrangements including ‘Sh*t Happens Days’ – to cover those days when things happen that mean you can’t come to work
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Team building activities
- Getting out as a team, whether it’s for a Christmas party or out for a curry
- Birthday cakes!
And here’s the official stuff to back it up:
- Winner of ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2011 Cheshire Business Awards
- UKFasts Digital Business of the Year 2012
- Runner up in The Croner Employer of the Year at the Orange National Business Awards 2012
- Investors in People Gold – one of very few companies to achieve this level
- ISO 9001
- RAR Recommended Agency
- Highly commended in the 2012 High Sheriff’s Awards for Enterprise – Cheshire’s most prestigious Awards for business performance
As a result of all this, employee turnover at Blueleaf is incredibly low, testament to how happy our people are. Our countryside location is fab but as there is no public transport locally, you will need to have your own car. Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
For more information, please email Kay Corcoran or call on 01829 260600.
Please note this is NOT a web design, front end development or Flash position.