Our regular look at Salesforce Commerce Cloud focuses on an overview of the 18.3 Release.
What is it?
Every six weeks or so Salesforce releases a new update for the platform with additional features and stability improvements. This update focuses on a new Einstein feature and features needed for GDPR compliance:
- Commerce Cloud Einstein is now available for the Enhanced Search Suggestion capability as a beta feature
- GDPR features including Data Deletion, Data Portability, Restriction of Procession, Consent Management
Why do I care?
You can leverage the power of machine learning by adding personalised search suggestions to the storefront. By using various data points, Einstein serves "Recent User Search Phrases", "Popular & Trending Search Phrases" and "Personalised Auto-correction & Term-completion" in the Commerce Cloud suggestions, increasing the relevance of the customer search journey.
For Commerce Cloud Digital Release 18.3, functionality is included for the following common privacy principles:
- Delete orders and new Delete_Order functional permission
- Delete customers
- Forget email for coupon redemption
- Retention preferences for guest baskets
- Remove all payment data from baskets after seven days for both payment security and privacy reasons
Restriction of Processing
- Customer data snapshot UI in Business Manager
- Site Genesis provides a Download My Data button on My Account page.
What do I need to know?
If you want you can read the full changelog here. Version 18.3 is generally available on both SIG and PIG instances.
Sign up to our weekly email Commerce Cloud Condensed to find out more!