Front End Developer - Now Filled
We’re on the look-out for a front end developer, working on both projects and continuous improvements for our clients.
This role is to join a highly ambitious team that pushes the boundaries of experiences across devices and platforms; whilst still delivering high converting, high performance experiences that are speedy, effective and beautiful.
This is a full-time, permanent role based at our Cheshire office.
What will you be expected to do?
As a Front End Developer you are expected to:
- Live Blueleaf’s Values and actively focus on our Vision, Mission and Purpose
- Work closely with the senior team, UXers and Project Managers
- Work closely with your fellow developers to collaboratively solve problems and address issues
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, to the right quality
- Work to our coding standards for high quality work
- Build new websites as well as improving existing websites
- Liaise with clients directly to help answer their questions
- Produce very high quality, well-tested output that requires very little changes or updates before going live
- Related to the above, be highly experienced performing cross browser testing to a high standard
Due to the key nature of the role, you’re accountable for some cool stuff:
- Ensuring websites are built according to the specification
- Making sure projects are brought in within budget, in terms of hours allocated
- High quality, right first time output
While this is only three points, they have a great deal of depth that make this role an exciting and autonomous one, with plenty of scope.
What skills will you have?
For this role, skills are crucial and you will need:
- Very strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS Pre-Processors (we use SASS)
- Very strong working knowledge of the mobile first principle
- Strong working knowledge of performance optimisation
- Working knowledge of Grunt and Gulp task managing libraries
- Working knowledge of version control and specifically GIT
- Experience of eCommerce platforms (we use Salesforce Cloud Commerce a lot)
- Good English, written and spoken
What goodies will you get?
- Unlimited opportunity, with the chance to really excel at your role
- Vibrant team who will help and support you
- Inspirational working environment
- Flexible working arrangements - flexi time to work hours to suit you and the opportunity to work from home
- Sh*t Happens Days’ – to cover those days when things happen that mean you can’t come to work
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Team building activities
- Getting out as a team, whether it’s for a Christmas party or out for a curry
Our countryside location is fab but as there is no public transport locally, you will need to have your own car and be willing to travel to clients where required.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
Does this sound like you?
If so, please get in touch with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please.
If you work for a recruitment agency, please don't call us, we’ll call you if we need help – thank you!
Know someone who could be suitable?
If this isn't your skill set but you know someone who would be great then please let us know and you could be in for a £1,000 finder's fee (terms and conditions apply, you can view them here).