Junior Ecommerce Project Manager - Now Filled
What the role is, what's expected of it and what success means
We’re on the look-out for a Junior Project Manager for some of our best ecommerce clients. We’re looking for motivated, ambitious candidates who have a natural flair for planning and an aptitude for fast learning. You will need bags of initiative, drive and confidence and have a keen interest in project management and all things digital. Experience within a digital agency would be a big advantage, as would a Business or Project Management degree, however, we firmly believe that the right person can be more important that the right experience.
You will need to be capable of managing multiple projects at the same time, with the support of the Lead Project Manager and wider project management team, keeping them all to schedule and to budget whilst keeping the client up-to-date at all times. You will also be required to partake in online training and strive for continuous development.
We’ve worked hard to build up an impressive list of clients, and you will be working on projects for the likes of Red Bull, Laura Ashley, Fat Face and BBC Worldwide Shop.
You’ll love everything digital and would benefit from experience of working with different types of clients and projects, including e-commerce, content management systems and responsive websites.
This is a full-time, permanent role based at our Cheshire office.
What you're accountable for
Initially, you’ll be getting to know our business, team, processes, culture and clients. You’ll be assisting the Project Managers with their duties and there will be regular quality checks until you can work independently. You will start off managing small support retainers and projects, progressing as you gain experience, to large projects. The rate at which you progress is all down to you and how you perform. You’d be speaking to clients on a daily basis, updating issue management systems and providing regular status reports to make sure clients are kept up-to-date on all their projects. You’ll be expected to confidently deal with any queries from clients, although not necessarily to always have all the answers (but you’ll be able to find out where to go to find them!). You’ll also be managing projects to set budgets and timelines and as such cost and resource control will be crucial to your success. All this will be carried out alongside training and you will have monthly mentoring sessions to guide your development.
What experience you will have
We’re looking for someone with an interest in, or experience of digital design, development and Project Management. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of working in a fast-paced environment, and be used to working with anything that can be thrown at you during the day. You’ll be passionate about delivering an outstanding service at all times and may have experience of project management methodologies. You could already be in a Junior Project Manager or a Project Coordinator role, looking to join an exciting team, working with big brands and with real opportunities to grow. It would be advantageous if you have eCommerce experience but not essential as you may instead possess the right attitude, pay attention to detail and have a natural ability for planning, time management and control.
Our ideal Junior Project Manager will confidently
- Receive scopes from a Strategist and understand them, with the support of the Project Team if required
- Receive small projects and support issues direct from clients and understand them
- Assist with and develop project plans, prioritising and scheduling the required tasks
- Work with the design and development teams to produce the right documentation including functional and technical specifications
- Brief projects to the design and development team
- Manage and schedule resources to deliver projects
- Manage projects to the end, keeping them to the project plan and to budget
- Review work against requirements
- Update clients on project progress
- Provide regular status reports and statistical reports
- Become a confident user of JIRA (our main issue management system) and other ticket management systems
What skills you will have
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Problem solver
- Pro-active approach
- Deadline hitter
- Team player
- Logical and methodical
- Great communication skills
What goodies you will get
- Unlimited opportunity, with the chance to really excel at your role
- Vibrant team who will help and support you
- Inspirational working environment
- Training plan to help you grow
- Support of dedicated Mentor
- Flexible working arrangements including ‘Sh*t Happens Days’ – to cover those days when things happen that mean you can’t come to work
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Team building activities
- Getting out as a team, whether it’s for a Christmas party or out for a curry