Front End Developer - Now Filled
What the role is, what’s expected of it and what success means
As our reputation has grown we're working on more top tier clients' website experiences and our front end developers need another member of the team to continue kicking ass.
This role is to join a rapidly growing and ambitious team that pushes the boundaries of experiences across devices and platforms; whilst still delivering high converting, high performance experiences that are speedy, effective and beautiful.
What you’re accountable for
Due to the key nature of the role, you’re accountable for some cool stuff:
- Ensuring websites are built according to the specification and within budget
- Hitting your personal chargeability target
- High quality, right first time output
While this is only three points, they have a great deal of depth that make this role an exciting and autonomous one, with plenty of scope.
What’s expected of you
As a Front End Developer you are expected to:
- Live Blueleaf’s Values and actively focus on our Vision, Mission and Purpose
- Work closely with Strategists, UXers and Project Managers
- Work closely with your fellow developers to collaboratively solve problems and address issues
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, to the right quality
- Work to our coding standards for high quality work
- Build new and improve existing websites
- Liaise with clients directly to help answer their questions
- Produce very high quality, well-tested output that requires very little changes or updates before going live
- Related to the above, be highly experienced performing cross browser testing to a high standard
What you should expect of Blueleaf
You should also expect things from us, which are detailed below:
- The support and time of your Team leader
- The support of Adrian (& Rob where required) to grow personally through monthly coaching GO sessions
- The support of Blueleaf in taking courses and attending conferences where the subject matter will help digital commerce mastery and is deemed appropriate (e.g. timings, work needed and so on)
- Knowledge sharing where possible to spread knowledge throughout the team
- A supportive and appropriate environment conducive to performing your work
Where you sit in the structure
You report to: Lead front end developer (Pete)
What skills do you need?
For this role, skills are crucial and you will need:
- Very strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS Pre-Processors (we use SASS)
- Very strong working knowledge of the mobile first principle
- Strong working knowledge of performance optimisation
- Working knowledge of Grunt and Gulp task managing libraries
- Working knowledge of version control and specifically GIT
- Knowledge of back end technologies (PHP/MySQL) and confidence to make minor changes.
- Good English, written and spoken
What does success look like?
It’s important we have a shared vision of what success looks like for this role, outlined below:
- Your own personal chargeability met or exceeded
- High client and project manager satisfaction with your speed and quality
- A part of delivering highly profitable projects
Does this sound like you?
If so, please get in touch* with your CV at email@example.com
*Recruitment agencies need not apply