Our regular look at Salesforce Commerce Cloud focuses on an overview of Page Meta Tags.
What is it?
Meta Tags like Page Title tag, Meta Description and Open Graph tags are snippets of text in the HTML code that describe a page’s content for search engines or in social media feeds. With a new capability (Page Meta Tag Rules) in the Business Manager, you are able to define these Meta Tags with a rule‐based approach for several page types such as Product Listing Pages, Product Detail Pages, Content Pages and Search Result Pages. The rules allow you to create unique meta tag content and avoid duplicate or missing meta information on a page.
Why do I care?
For a few reasons:
- Increase SEO value of your pages by providing unique Meta Tag Content (Page Title, Description etc.)
- Enhance social graphs and tweets with rich objects (Open Graph for Facebook or Pinterest)
- Control crawler access with Robots Meta Tag
- Control page representation in Search Engines and Social Feeds
- Increase click through rate, likes and shares
What do I need to know?
The Page Meta Tags feature is still in beta - if you want to participate, need more information or have any questions I will be happy to help you.
Sign up to our weekly email Commerce Cloud Condensed to find out more!